Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Epic Battle of Half (This is Not a Spoiler)

The epic battle of 'Half' was far from what you'll see on your screen. In fact, everything you see on screen will be the product of this power struggle.

I am Pat, and I play the role of James Anderson in Half. Being a very outgoing person, with very specific ideas on how a movie should be directed, sitting back and watching Kurt direct the movie in a way that I thought wasn't good enough was torture. We argued all the time, slowing down the filming process. Eventually, he let me direct a few scenes for two reasons. Firstly, because he thought I would do a better job directing those specific scenes, but secondly, to get me to shut up.

The epic battle of 'Half' ended without a winner, and without a loser. It ended with a mutual agreement between two friends that the filming was done the way we both wanted it, and was the best material we could give our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment